In Case of Fire Elevators Are Out of Service Use Stairs Sign
In Case of Fire, Elevators Are Out of Service. Use Stairs. - 8" X 8"
In Case of Fire, Elevators Are Out of Service. Use Stairs. ADA and International Fire Code Compliant Sign
Using the correct ADA and Fire Code Compliant Signage required by modern building codes has dramatically reduced the loss of life and property in commercial properties.
Note: The wording and layout of the ADA-1034 sign from ADA sign Depot meets current International Fire Code (IFC) and ADA regulations. Sign revised 2018. Braille is offered as an add-on option for this sign, in a large 8" x 10" size.
IFC (International Fire Code) 607.2: Emergency signs. An approved pictorial sign of a standardized design shall be posted adjacent to each elevator call station on all floors instructing occupants to use the exit stairways and not to use the elevators in case of fire.
International Building Code: Section 3002.3 Emergency Signs: An approved pictorial sign of a standardized design shall be posted adjacent to each elevator call station on all floors instructing occupants to use the exit stairways and not to use the elevators in case of fire. The sign shall read: IN CASE OF FIRE, ELEVATORS ARE OUT OF SERVICE. USE EXIT STAIRS.
- ADA compliant non-glare matte finish
- ADA compliant font
- ADA compliant size and letter height
- Optional California domed Grade 2 Braille (Braille is not usually required on this sign. Consult with your inspector or local compliance authorities before ordering.)
- Our ADA signs come with foam mounting tape to assist in positioning when mounting. ADA signs 8"x8" or larger, including ADA stairwell signage and restroom door signs, should be mounted using mechanical fasteners (hardware), or a silicone adhesive such as Lexel Caulk.
- Click to view or download our ADA Sign Mounting Guide
You may also be interested in
Stairwell Floor Number ADA Signs - 12" x 18" - ADA/IFC Compliant