Stairwell Floor Number Signs with Braille - ADA & Fire Code Compliant
Stairwell Floor Number ADA Signs - 12" x 18" - ADA/IFC Compliant
ADA Compliant and International Fire Code compliant 12" x 18" Floor Level Stairwell Sign
This ADA, Title 24, and IFC Compliant Braille Stairwell Sign is used to mark floor levels with or without roof access on all stairwells of a building. This sign is a provides critical information to fire, police, safety, and emergency responders, helping them instantly navigate an unfamiliar building's stairwells. National Fire Prevention Association (NFPA) Compliant stairwell signage also enables occupants and visitors to a building to safely evacuate in emergency situations, or to accurately provide their location to rescuers.
McMahon C, California
"Good quality signs. I recommend!"
Important Note About Drawings for ADA-1041 Stairwell Signs from ADA Sign Depot: After your order is received, we will create drawings for each sign on your order, based on the information you provided. We will email a proof for your review. We strongly advise that our sign proofs be shared with any ADA and Fire inspectors on your project. Only after the proofs are approved will the order be put into production. Should an order be cancelled after drawings are begun, there is a $300 charge for the drawings, plus any other labor/material expenses incurred at the time of cancellation.
Compliant Stairwell Floor Level Signage
- ADA compliant non-glare matte finish
- ADA compliant font and tactile (1/32 inch raised) letters
- ADA compliant and Fire Code compliant 12x18 size and letter heights
- Federal and California Compliant Domed Grade 2 Braille
- Our ADA braille signage comes with foam mounting tape. However, ADA signs, and especially ADA signs larger than 8"x8", including ADA stairwell signage should be mounted using mechanical fasteners and/or a construction grade silicone adhesive. Foam mounting tape provided on stairwell signage and restroom door signage is only to aid in positioning the sign when mounting.
- This ADA sign can be ordered with pre-drilled 3/16" mounting holes which we strongly advise. Each sign weighs nearly 3 pounds. Choose regular mounting holes, or counter-sunk mounting holes. Mounting hardware is not included with signs. Mounting hardware suitable for whatever surface material you will be mounting your signs on can be purchased at Home Depot, Lowes, or other hardware suppliers.
- Click to view or download our ADA Sign Mounting Guide
Correct stairwell signage for Emergency First Responders is critical to building safety. Many stair/floor level and stairwell signs offered for sale on the internet do not meet ADA and Fire Code specifications. This ADA-1041 stairwell sign from ADA Sign Depot does. It is always advisable to check with the ADA inspector having authority over your project before purchasing signs. With signs impacting fire safety, it is also advisable to get your fire inspector's approval before ordering signs.
ADA Sign Depot has been manufacturing floor level and stair signs for many years. Our experience goes into every sign we make. The nature of these signs makes each floor a custom sign, and knowing the correct layout, letter heights, Braille and required information for each sign is critical. We've made stair signs for small buildings to skyscrapers, from parking garages to universities. We've manufactured ADA compliant tactile Braille stair signs in acrylic plastics with custom color matching (PMS numbers, Benjamin Moore paint numbers, other paint names/numbers), in brushed aluminum, and in LaserGlow photoluminous materials required by many state or local building codes.
While this ADA Stairwell Sign is intended for indoor use, it's Rowmark materials are rated as Outdoor Weatherable: Outdoor weatherability is the ability of plastic engraving material to withstand exterior weathering conditions. Rowmark ADA Alternative Substrate & Applique, Textures, Lacquers, Slickers, Ultra-Mattes Front & Reverse materials designated as "outdoor weatherable" are designed to withstand average conditions and temperatures for up to 5 years without significant degradation. Although no specific life can be designated to any product, Rowmark recognizes that under reasonable/normal weather conditions the material will not break down physically. Materials may become brittle and some discoloration or fading will occur when used in harsher environments or exposed for extended periods of time.
Shop all Stair and Elevator ADA Signs
You may also be interested in