How to Read When You Are Blind
Why you should listen to RON MCCALLUM:
1. There are over 37 million people on earth who are blind.
2. Ron McCallum AO is one of Australia’s most respected industrial and discrimination lawyers and a prominent human rights advocate.
3. With a long career as a legal academic and teacher, in 1993 he became the first totally blind person appointed to a full professorship at any Australian university when he became Professor in Industrial Law at the University of Sydney.
4. He served as Dean of the University of Sydney Law School for five years and is now an emeritus professor. McCallum is a leading light in the disabled community, working for equality among all Australians. He is also chair of the United Nations Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
4. He’s a reader. Braille, sound, books, articles, essays. The occasional erotica. (Just saying…;-)
5. He knows how to say, “Thank you!”
Amen to that.