Unisex Restroom Sign with Tactile Text and Braille
Unisex Restroom Sign - ADA & California AB 1732 Compliant - 8"x4"
Unisex Restroom Sign - ADA and California AB 1732 Compliant - Tactile Letters and Grade 2 Braille - 8" x 4"
The white text on blue background version of this Unisex Restroom Tactile Braille Sign is in stock for fast (and free) shipping the same or next business day.
The California Equal Restroom Access Act (AB 1732) requires single-occupancy restrooms in California businesses, government buildings, and places of public accommodation to be universally accessible to all genders.
As California has historically been the leader in ADA/accessibility law many other states and many interstate businesses are already choosing to follow California's AB 1732 guidelines. For full compliance with California law, this ADA compliant Braille sign is mounted on the wall adjacent to the strike side of the restroom door.
And a California Title 24 compliant sign must also be mounted on the restroom door. (For example, our T24-1014 restroom door sign shown at the left.)
IDENTIFICATION OF ALL GENDER SINGLE-USER TOILET FACILITIES Compliant with the California Building Code (CBC) Chapter 11B
EXHIBIT A - Door Symbol (required by the CBC)
This image represents the door symbol that is required by CBC 11B-216.8 to identify an all-gender/unisex single-user toilet facility. The symbol must comply with the requirements of CBC 11B-703.7.2.6.3. No pictogram, text, or braille is required on the symbol. EXHIBIT B - Designation sign on wall
Designation signs are not required to be provided by the CBC or the 2010 ADAS. If provided, a designation sign adjacent to the door must comply with the scoping requirements of CBC 11B-216.2, and the technical requirements for raised characters (CBC 11B-703.2), braille (CBC 11B-703.3), visual characters (CBC 11B-703.5), and requirements for installation height and location (CBC 11B-703.4). No pictogram is required. The following signs illustrate acceptable examples for designation sign text:
Download California Division of State Architect Bulletin BU 17-01: Identification of Single User Toilet Facilities as All Gender
Unisex Single-Occupant Restroom Signage - ADA and California Compliant
- ADA/California compliant non-glare matte finish
- ADA/California compliant font and tactile (1/32 inch raised) letters
- ADA/California compliant size and letter height
- ADA/California compliant California domed Grade 2 Braille (The use of California standards for braille satisfies both Federal and California regulations, allowing a single dot configuration for all braille signs nationwide.)
- Click to view/download ADA/California Restroom Door sign mounting instructions.
- Our high-quality yet economically priced California AB-1732 and Title 24 Bathroom Signs are guaranteed to pass inspections performed by California Certified Access Specialists, or your money back.
- Mounting ADA Compliance Signs: While we include foam tape on the back side of our signs, we recommend ADA signs always be mounted using either fasteners or a construction grade silicone adhesive, such as Lexel. For signs larger than 6" x 6" the foam tape we provide is intended only as an aid for positioning the sign while using fasteners or adhesive for mounting. For correct positioning and mounting heights, view or download our ADA Sign Mounting Guide
You may also be interested in
California Title 24 / A.B. 1732 Unisex Restroom Door Signs - 12" x 12"