California Title 24 Unisex/All Gender Bathroom Door Sign
California Title 24 / A.B. 1732 Unisex Restroom Door Signs - 12" x 12"
California Title 24 and AB 1732 All Gender Restroom Door Signs with Contrasting Triangle on Circle - 12" x 12"
This ADA and California compliant All Gender/Gender Neutral Restroom Door Sign can ship the same or next business day when ordered with a white triangle on blue circle. Mount this sign on the door of All Gender, Unisex, or Gender Neutral restrooms, with an appropriate tactile braille sign mounted on the wall of the latch side of the restroom door, to be in compliance with California AB 1732 regulations for single-user (single occupant) restrooms.
In addition to a California Title 24 compliant sign on each restroom door, California also requires a tactile text and Braille sign to be mounted on the wall adjacent to the strike side of the restroom door. These are some ADA/CA compliant wall signs that can be used in tandem with this restroom door sign:
ADA-1245 All Gender Restroom Sign (pictured at left)
ADA-1255 All Gender Restroom Sign
ADA-1256 Unisex Restroom Sign
ADA-1080 Restroom Sign
Download California Division of State Architect Bulletin BU 17-01: Identification of Single User Toilet Facilities as All Gender IDENTIFICATION OF ALL GENDER SINGLE-USER TOILET FACILITIES Compliant with the California Building Code (CBC) Chapter 11B
EXHIBIT A - Door Symbol (required by the CBC)
This image represents the door symbol that is required by CBC 11B-216.8 to identify an all-gender/unisex single-user toilet facility. The symbol must comply with the requirements of CBC 11B-703.7.2.6.3. No pictogram, text, or braille is required on the symbol. EXHIBIT B - Designation sign on wall
Designation signs are not required to be provided by the CBC or the 2010 ADAS. If provided, a designation sign adjacent to the door must comply with the scoping requirements of CBC 11B-216.2, and the technical requirements for raised characters (CBC 11B-703.2), braille (CBC 11B-703.3), visual characters (CBC 11B-703.5), and requirements for installation height and location (CBC 11B-703.4). No pictogram is required. The following signs illustrate acceptable examples for designation sign text:
Why is there no gender symbol on this restroom door sign? California Division of the State Architect Bulletin 17-01: When changing identification symbols of existing single-user toilet facilities from gender-specific to all-gender, DSA advises against providing a pictogram to represent an all-gender image on a designation sign or unisex symbol. The pictogram might be perceived as inappropriate, and in fact, DSA reminds facility owners that a pictogram is not required.
This Title 24 Compliant Unisex Geometric Restroom or Bathroom Door Sign is used to mark the door of unisex restrooms, bathrooms, showers and other unisex sanitary facilities in California. Note: While this blank unisex circle-triangle geometric sign meets CA Title 24 specifications, the general public is more familiar with restroom door signs that also use the male and female pictogram symbols. To avoid possible confusion, we advise consulting with your California ADA compliance office before purchasing Title 24 compliant geometric door signs that do not have pictograms.
- Title 24 compliant and A. B. 1732 compliant non-glare matte finish
- Title 24 compliant and A. B. 1732 compliant 12x12 contrasting triangle on circle geometric shapes and 1/4" thickness
- Our ADA signs come with foam mounting tape. However, due to sign weight, movement of the door, and/or paints and surfaces that interfere with some adhesives, ADA bathroom/restroom door signs should be mounted using mechanical fasteners (hardware), or a silicone adhesive such as Lexel Caulk.
- This ADA sign can be ordered with pre-drilled 3/16" mounting holes. Choose regular mounting holes, or counter-sunk mounting holes. Signs with drilled holes ship in 5-7 business days. Mounting hardware is not included with signs. Mounting hardware suitable for whatever surface material you will be mounting your signs on can be purchased at Home Depot, Lowes, or other hardware suppliers. Signs with drilled holes or customer-selected color schemes are not returnable for refund.
- Click to view or download our ADA Sign Mounting Instructions Guide
- Our high-quality yet economically priced Title 24 and AB-1732 Bathroom Signs are guaranteed to pass inspections performed by California Certified Access Specialists, or your money back.
You may also be interested in
- ADA and California Title 24 Restroom Door Signs
- ADA Signs In Stock for Fast Shipping
- All Gender Single-Occupant Restroom Signs | California AB 1732 and Title 24 Compliant
- California Title 24 Compliant Restroom, Bathroom, Shower Room Door Signs
- Gender Neutral Bathroom ADA Signs
- Unisex Bathroom ADA Signs