Unisex Wheelchair Accessible Bathroom Door Sign | California Compliant
Unisex Wheelchair Accessible Restroom Door ADA Signs - 12" x 12"
Unisex Bathroom Wheelchair Accessible Door Sign - 12" x 12"- Contrasting Triangle on Circle - ADA and California Compliant
The White Triangle on Blue Circle version of this Unisex Wheelchair Accessible Restroom Door Sign is in stock for same or next business day shipping. The sign is mounted on the door of an accessible unisex restroom or sanitary facility.
While required in California this Unisex Restroom Door Sign is used throughout the United States.
Match this Restroom Door Sign with the ADA-1026 wall-mounted ADA Compliant Unisex Restroom Braille Sign (shown at left)
Randi J., CA
"Quick and easy check out, requested second day delivery but received it the next day!!! Thanks!"
Restroom Door Signs
- ADA compliant non-glare matte finish
- Tactile (1/32 inch raised) pictograms
- Title 24 compliant 12x12 size and 1/4-inch thick base with eased corners
- Our ADA signs come with foam mounting tape. However, due to sign weight, movement of the door, and/or paints and surfaces that interfere with some adhesives, ADA bathroom/restroom door signs should be mounted using mechanical fasteners (hardware), or a silicone adhesive such as Lexel Caulk.
- Click to view or download our ADA Sign Mounting Instructions Guide
- This T24 sign can be ordered with pre-drilled 3/16" mounting holes. Choose regular mounting holes, or counter-sunk mounting holes. Signs with drilled holes ship in 5-7 business days. Mounting hardware is not included with signs. Mounting hardware suitable for whatever surface material you will be mounting your signs on can be purchased at Home Depot, Lowes, or other hardware suppliers.
- Our high-quality yet economically priced acrylic resin Title 24 Restroom Door Signs are guaranteed to pass inspections performed by California Certified Access Specialists, or your money back.
California requires every restroom to have both a wall sign with Text and Braille, and a Door sign with NO Text or Braille. A unisex and wheelchair accessible restroom would be properly signed with the Title 24 Compliant Unisex Door sign shown at the top of this page. Compliance also requires the corresponding wall sign, with Braille and Text and optional Pictograms, (see image at left) to be mounted adjacent to the strike side of the restroom door. Note: While legally required in California, Title 24 restroom door signs are very commonly used throughout the United States.
DSA ─ 2011 California Access Compliance Reference Manual: 1127A.7.2.3 Unisex sanitary facilities. Unisex sanitary facilities shall be identified by a circle, 1/4 inch (6.4 mm) thick and 12 inches (305 mm) in diameter with a 1/4 inch (6.4 mm) thick triangle superimposed on the circle and within the 12-inch (305 mm) diameter. The triangle symbol shall contrast with the circle symbol, either light on a dark background or dark on a light background. The circle symbol shall contrast with the door, either light on a dark background or dark on a light background. If a gender pictogram is desired on geometric symbol sign, it must be repeated above raised characters and Braille on tactile sign adjacent to door. ISA may be included on either tactile sign, next to gender pictogram, or may be only on geometric symbol sign, as desired. No raised text or Braille is to be included on geometric door sign.
Our indoor tactile Braille ADA signs from ADA Sign Depot come with foam mounting tape on the back. But ADA and California Title 24 compliant restroom door signs, with regulations requiring a 12" x 12" size and a 1/4" thickness, combined with the superior quality of the acrylic, brushed aluminum, bamboo and wood materials we use, make a substantial and heavier sign. A Women's Circle or a Men's Triangle door sign weighs nearly a pound, and Unisex triangle-on-circle door signs weigh over 1.5 pounds. For secure mounting, bathroom door signs must be mounted using silicone or other strong adhesive, or anchoring hardware.
You may also be interested in