All Gender Restroom Sign with Braille and Gender Neutral Symbol
All Gender Neutral Symbol Restroom ADA Signs - 8" x 10"
Gender Neutral Restroom Tactile Braille ADA Sign - 8" x 10"
The white on blue background version of our ADA-1171 sign with the text/Braille reading: RESTROOM is in stock for fast shipping the same or next business day.
About this sign: Tactile (raised 1/32") Text and Braille Read: RESTROOM
Printed (flat) Wording Reads: THIS RESTROOM MAY BE USED BY ANY PERSON REGARDLESS OF GENDER IDENTITY OR EXPRESSION
Use this ADA-1171 tactile braille sign mounted on the wall, and use an ADA-1173 All Gender Symbol Door Sign (shown at left) mounted on the bathroom door.
The development of a new symbol to indicate an all gender inclusive restroom is one option for effectively communicating that a restroom facility is non-restrictive, and open to all in need. Many schools in California, Seattle, and other states have adopted gender neutral ADA signage for school restrooms for several years without any serious incidents. Businesses are also using gender neutral ADA signage for restrooms and other sanitary room identification, wanting to assure their customers and employees that the business does not discriminate and is welcoming and accessible to all people.
"ADA Sign Depot has quality signs I'm looking for and never have any issues."
California Gender Neutral Symbol Bathroom Sign - This Restroom May Be Used By Any Person Regardless of Gender Identity or Expression
- Non-glare matte finish
- Tactile (1/32 inch raised) Symbols
- Tactile lettering for RESTROOM, other wording is printed
- Our high-quality yet economically priced plastic All Gender Bathroom Signs are guaranteed to pass inspections performed by California Certified Access Specialists, or your money back.
- Mounting ADA Compliance Signs: While we include foam tape on the back side of our signs, we recommend ADA signs always be mounted using either fasteners or a construction grade silicone adhesive, such as Lexel. For signs larger than 6" x 6" the foam tape we provide is intended only as an aid for positioning the sign while using fasteners or adhesive for mounting. For correct positioning and mounting heights, view or download our ADA Sign Mounting Guide
- People who are uncomfortable in men's or women's rooms for many reasons; for example, people who are not women or men and/or people who are gender nonconforming
- Parents/caregivers whose children are a different gender from them
- People with caregivers or personal attendants who are a different gender from them
- Other people may also benefit specifically from single-occupancy bathrooms, such as people who are extremely introverted, people who are breastfeeding or have other needs for privacy, and so on
You may also be interested in