Elevator Floor Level Sign Mounted on Elevator Door Jambs - ADA Compliant (Set of 2 Signs)
Elevator Doorjamb Floor Number Braille Signs - 4" x 4" - Set of Two
Elevator Car Floor Level Signs to be Mounted on Elevator Door Jambs - ADA Compliant Raised (tactile) Numbers and Star Symbol and Grade 2 Braille - Set of 2 Signs
NOTE: This sign must be ordered in pairs. Two identical signs per floor. Reason: Regulations require this floor number sign to be mounted both on the left side and the right side door jambs of the elevator. This is so that persons exiting or entering the elevator from the left or right side would be able to know what floor level they are on.
A white on black background color scheme is typically required for elevator car floor number door jamb mounted signs. We are happy manufacture this sign in other colors when ordered, however, we strongly advise you to get approval from your ADA inspector before ordering signs in any other color scheme that white on a black background.
"A great product!"
1116B.1.14 Doorjamb marking Passenger elevator landing jambs on all elevator floors shall have the number of the floor on which the jamb is located designated by raised characters that are a minimum of 2 inches (51 mm) in height and conform to Section 1117B.5.5 located 60 inches (1524 mm) on center above the floor on the jamb panels on both sides of the door so that they are visible from within the elevator
On the main entry level, a raised five-pointed star shall be placed to the left of the raised character. The outside diameter of the star shall be 2 inches (51 mm) ) and all points shall be of equal length Raised characters, including the star, shall be white on a black background.
Contracted (Grade 2) Braille complying with Section 1117B.5.6 shall be placed below the corresponding raised characters and the star The Braille translation for the star shall be "MAIN". The raised characters shall otherwise comply with Sections 1117B.5.2 and 1117B.5.3. See Figure 11B-40C. Permanently applied plates are acceptable if they are permanently fixed to the jambs.
Click to view our selection of ADA Stair and Elevator Signage
This sign is available in two other versions, our ADA-1216 Brushed Aluminum Floor Number on Black Acrylic Base and our BAL-1105 Black Number on Brushed Aluminum Base
Elevator Door Jamb Floor Number Signs
- Set of 2 signs: one for the left and one for the right side door jamb of the elevator
- ADA compliant non-glare matte finish
- ADA compliant font and tactile (1/32 inch raised) Star and Numbers
- ADA compliant size and 2-inch letter height
- Mounting ADA Signs: While we include foam tape on the back side of our signs, we recommend ADA signs always be mounted using either fasteners or a construction grade silicone adhesive, such as Lexel. For signs larger than 6" x 6" the foam tape we provide is intended only as an aid for positioning the sign while using fasteners or adhesive for mounting. For correct positioning and mounting heights, view or download our ADA Sign Mounting Guide
- ADA compliant California domed Grade 2 Braille (The use of California standards for braille satisfies both Federal and California regulations, allowing a single dot configuration for all braille signs nationwide.)
You may also be interested in