Brushed Aluminum Area Of Refuge ADA Sign
Area Of Refuge Sign in Brushed Aluminum with Braille - 6" x 9"
Brushed Aluminum Area Of Refuge ADA Sign with Tactile Wheelchair Symbol, Text and Braille - 6" x 9"Staging Areas and Areas of Refuge
In emergency situations, persons with disabilities who cannot use the stairwells to exit a building can be protected in refuge areas and staging areas where they can wait for evacuation assistance. A staging area is an unprotected space located by elevator lobbies for disabled individuals to await firefighters or police officers to safely evacuate them. When conditions become extreme and it is safer to stay inside the building, occupants and visitors should gather at the "Area of Refuge," an enclosed space protected from heat and smoke. Each area of refuge should be identified by a tactile sign with Braille. Each area of refuge must be equipped with a two-way communication system to call for assistance. These devices should be labeled properly with tactile Braille signs and used for emergencies only.
Area Of Refuge Sign Made of Brushed Aluminum
- ADA compliant non-glare brushed aluminum finish
- ADA compliant font and tactile (1/32 inch raised) letters and/or symbols
- ADA compliant size and letter heights
- ADA compliant clear California Domed Grade 2 Braille (The use of California standards for Braille satisfies both Federal and California regulations, allowing a single dot configuration for all Braille signs nationwide.)
- Attractive and distinctive ADA compliant Area of Refuge signs in brushed aluminum are a great choice for upscale offices, restaurants and stores, providing a classy alternative to plastic ADA Signs.
Our brushed aluminum ADA signs are crafted from high-quality grained, matte finished acrylic to give the look of metal without the high cost, heavy weight, and non-compliant glare.
You may also be interested in