Area Of Refuge ADA Signs
Area Of Refuge Braille ADA Signs - 6" x 9"
Area Of Refuge ADA Signs with ADA Compliant Wheelchair Symbol, Braille and Tactile Text - 6" x 9"
Use this Area of Refuge ADA Sign to mark wheelchair accessible areas of refuge and rescue as required by fire, evacuation, ADA and building codes.
Shop all our Stair and Elevator ADA Signs
Area of Refuge Braille ADA Sign
- ADA compliant non-glare matte finish
- ADA compliant font and tactile (1/32 inch raised) letters
- ADA compliant size and letter height
- ADA compliant California domed Grade 2 Braille
- Our high-quality yet economically priced ADA Area of Refuge Signs are guaranteed to pass inspections performed by California Certified Access Specialists. Or your money back.
Why Area Of Refuge Signs?
- The "Areas of Refuge" or "Areas of Rescue Assistance" concept was established to provide a location for building occupants, who cannot traverse the stairs without assistance, to be able to assemble by an exit and await assistance or instructions by the first responders.
- These areas are required on each floor above and below the "ground" floor and must be clearly marked and provide a two way communication system to a central control point within the building.
- If the central control point is not staffed 24 hours a day, the communication from each Area of Refuge must be on a timed redirection to a location that is staffed 24 hours a day.
- The Area of Refuge communication system shall provide for hands-free, two-way communication, provide an audible and visible signal to indicate communication has occurred and indicate to the receiver the location sending the signal.
You may also be interested in