Lactation Room Sign with Braille and Nursing Pictogram
Lactation Room ADA Signs with Braille and Nursing Pictogram - 6" x 9"
Lactation Room ADA Compliant Sign with Nursing Mother Symbol, Tactile Text and Braille - 6" x 9"
In accordance with the Lactation Room Law and ADA regulations, this Lactation Room Tactile Braille Sign is used to indicate a room set aside for working women to breastfeed their nursing children.
Note: Signs with the added In Use slider section will measure 6" wide x 11" high.
This lactation room sign is also available in our brushed aluminum: BAL-1159 Lactation Room Sign in brushed aluminum
The Lactation Room Law: The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (P.L. 111-148, known as the “Affordable Care Act”) amended section 7 of the Fair Labor Standards Act (“FLSA”) to require employers to provide “reasonable break time for an employee to express breast milk for her nursing child for 1 year after the child’s birth each time such employee has need to express the milk.” Employers are also required to provide “a place, other than a bathroom, that is shielded from view and free from intrusion from coworkers and the public, which may be used by an employee to express breast milk.” See 29 U.S.C. 207(r). The break time requirement became effective when the Affordable Care Act was signed into law on March 23, 2010. The Fact Sheet and the Frequently Asked Questions below provide basic information about the law.
Lactation Room Braille ADA Signs with Optional In-Use Indicator Slide
- ADA compliant non-glare matte finish
- ADA compliant font and tactile (1/32 inch raised) letters
- ADA compliant layout and letter height
- Optional "In Use" slider to indicate the lactation room is in use or is available for use
- ADA Sign Depot includes foam mounting tape on all it's ADA signs for easy mounting. For a stronger bond, use a silicone adhesive or Lexel caulk.
- ADA compliant California domed Grade 2 Braille (The use of California standards for braille satisfies both Federal and California regulations, allowing a single dot configuration for all braille signs nationwide.)
- Our high-quality yet economically priced plastic ADA and Title 24 Signs are guaranteed to pass inspections performed by California Certified Access Specialists--or your money back.
You may also be interested in