Brushed Aluminum Lactation Room ADA Signs with Braille and Nursing Pictogram - 6" x 9"
Lactation Room ADA Signs - Brushed Aluminum - 6" x 9"
Lactation Room ADA Signs with Nursing Mother Symbol, Tactile Text and Braille on Brushed Aluminum Base
Quantity Discounts on Lactation Room ADA Signs - Contact Us for Pricing on More Than 10 Signs
3 = $77.95/each
5 = $74.95/each
10 = $69.95/each Breast milk provides optimal nutrition for babies. It has the right amount of nutrients, is easily digested and readily available. However, the rate of breastfeeding is as low as 30% in some groups of women. While some women are unable to breastfeed, others simply choose not to. More and more women are becoming aware of the benefits of breastfeeding and American businesses, airlines, rail and bus transportation companies, schools and offices are meeting the demand for lactation rooms and breastfeeding sanitary facilities. Studies show breastfeeding has major health benefits, for both the mother and her baby. For more info, read: 11 science-based benefits of breastfeeding
You can order this sign with an In Use slider section at the bottom, type YES in the field above. Signs with the added In Use slider section will measure 6" wide x 11" high. The additional charge to construct the in use slider is $40 per sign.
Lactation Room Brushed Aluminum ADA Signs with Optional In-Use Indicator Slide
- ADA compliant non-glare matte finish
- ADA compliant font and tactile (1/32 inch raised) letters
- ADA compliant layout and letter height
- Optional "In Use" slider to indicate the lactation room is in use or is available for use
- ADA Sign Depot includes foam mounting tape on all it's ADA signs for easy mounting. For a stronger bond, use a silicone adhesive or Lexel caulk.
- ADA compliant California domed Grade 2 Braille (The use of California standards for braille satisfies both Federal and California regulations, allowing a single dot configuration for all braille signs nationwide.)
- Our high-quality yet economically priced plastic ADA and Title 24 Signs are guaranteed to pass inspections performed by California Certified Access Specialists--or your money back.
By Katherine Lewis:
A lactation room in its simplest form is a private space where a nursing mother can express breast milk for her baby. In some companies, new moms use their private offices as lactating rooms, and either lock their doors or put up privacy signs so nobody walks into the room while the woman's breasts are exposed. In others, the employer creates a separate space where new moms can pump breast milk in private. This may be due to the predominance of cubicle farms among that employer's workforce, or simply for the convenience of employees. Under the U.S. lactation room law, employers must provide a private space for nursing mothers to express breast milk for their babies. The lactation room design should include a comfortable chair and a flat surface for a breast pump to rest. Most importantly, lactation rooms in the workplace must be private and must protect the breastfeeding mom from being seen by co-workers or the general public while pumping breast milk. Smaller companies, those with fewer than 50 employees, may obtain an exemption from creating a corporate lactation program by demonstrating it would create an undue hardship.
You may also be interested in
Lactation Room ADA Signs with Braille and Nursing Pictogram - 6" x 9"
Regular price $6995 $69.95