ADA Compliant Exit Stair Down Signs with Tactile Text and Grade 2 Braille
Exit Stair Down ADA Signs - 6" x 6" - ADA Compliant Braille Sign
ADA Compliant Exit Stair Down ADA Signs with Tactile Text and Grade 2 Domed Braille Ship Same Day from ADA Sign Depot
This ADA Exit Stair Down sign conveys two levels of information: the passage is an exit, and stairs leading downward will need to be negotiated. We keep the white on blue version in stock for fast shipping, usually the same or next business day.
"“very responsive and helpful staff!”"
There are some critically important ADA signs that any multistory building will require. It doesn't take too much thought to quickly determine that stairs, stairways, stairwells, can be a barrier to persons with disabilities, the elderly, and others of us having temporary or permanently limited mobility. Knowing where the stairwells are in a building, and just as importantly, knowing where alternatives to stairs are, is important information conveyed by compliance signage. ADA regulations require exits with stairs to be marked with compliant tactile Braille signs.
ADA Compliant Exit Stair Down Tactile Braille Sign
- ADA compliant non-glare matte finish
- ADA compliant font and tactile (1/32 inch raised) letters
- ADA compliant 6x6 size and letter height
- ADA compliant Grade 2 Domed Braille
- Our high-quality yet economically priced ADA and Title 24 Exit Stairs Down Signs are guaranteed to pass inspections performed by California Certified Access Specialists--or your money back.
- Mounting ADA Signs: While we include foam tape on the back side of our signs, we recommend ADA signs always be mounted using either fasteners or a construction grade silicone adhesive, such as Lexel. For signs larger than 6" x 6" the foam tape we provide is intended only as an aid for positioning the sign while using fasteners or adhesive for mounting. For correct positioning and mounting heights, view or download our ADA Sign Mounting Guide
DSA ─ 2011 California Access Compliance Reference Manual 51 Section 1011 Exit Signs 1011.3 Tactile exit signs. The term "tactile exit signs" shall mean those required signs that comply with Section 1117B.5.1, Item 1. Tactile exit signs shall be required at the following locations:
1. Each grade-level exterior exit door shall be identified by a tactile exit sign with the word, "EXIT"
2. Each exit door that leads directly to a grade-level exterior exit by means of a stairway or ramp shall be identified by a tactile exit sign with the following words as appropriate: A. "EXIT STAIR DOWN" B. "EXIT RAMP DOWN" C. "EXIT STAIR UP" D. "EXIT RAMP UP"
You may also be interested in