Unisex Bathroom Door Sign - Male and Female Symbols Word "Unisex"
Unisex Bathroom Door ADA Signs with Text - 12x12
Unisex Bathroom Door Sign with Male and Female Symbols and Tactile Text - 12" x 12" Contrasting Triangle on Circle
This is a popular sign throughout the United States used on the door of a bathroom that is Unisex, meaning it is not restricted to use either by men-only or women-only. Braille can be added to this bathroom door sign. However, California uses restroom door signs without braille, and braille is only be used on a tactile sign mounted on the wall at the latch-side of the bathroom door, such as our ADA-1022 sign. While other states do not have this coded restriction, there is a definite reason for not having braille on a restroom door: This is so a person would not have to stand in the doorway to read Braille on a bathroom door sign, blocking the doorway and perhaps leading to collisions.
Shop all our Restroom ADA Signs
Unisex Bathroom Door Sign with Male and Female Symbols and the Word Unisex
- ADA compliant non-glare matte finish
- Tactile (1/32 inch raised) Pictograms and One Inch High Text
- Geometric Triangle on Circle shape to indicate a Unisex Bathroom
- Sturdy 1/4-inch thickness
- Our ADA signs come with foam mounting tape. However, due to sign weight, movement of the door, and/or paints and surfaces that interfere with some adhesives, ADA bathroom/restroom door signs should be mounted using mechanical fasteners (hardware), or a construction grade silicone adhesive.
- This ADA sign can be ordered with pre-drilled 3/16" mounting holes. Choose regular mounting holes, or counter-sunk mounting holes. Signs with drilled holes ship in 5-7 business days. Mounting hardware is not included with signs. Mounting hardware suitable for whatever surface material you will be mounting your signs on can be purchased at Home Depot, Lowes, or other hardware suppliers. Signs with drilled holes or customer-selected color schemes are not returnable for refund.
- Click to view or download our ADA Sign Mounting Instructions Guide
- For secure mounting, bathroom door signs must be mounted using silicone or other strong adhesive, or anchoring hardware. We recommend using Lexel Adhesive Caulk. It is without doubt the best product we have found for mounting our ADA signs.
- Restroom Door Signs with Wording or Braille are NOT compliant with California's Title 24 restroom/sanitary room rules. If this sign is to be used in California, consult your local ADA authority before purchasing. View a comparable Unisex Restroom Door Sign that is California Title 24 Compliant
All indoor tactile Braille ADA signs from ADA Sign Depot come with foam mounting tape on the back. But ADA and California Title 24 compliant restroom door signs, with regulations requiring a 12" x 12" size and a 1/4" thickness, combined with the superior quality of the acrylic, brushed aluminum, and wood materials we use, make a substantial and heavier sign. A Women's Circle or a Men's Triangle door sign weighs nearly a pound, and Unisex triangle-on-circle door signs weigh over 1.5 pounds.
You may also be interested in