ADA Compliant Exit Route Sign with Tactile Text and Grade 2 Braille
ADA Exit Route Signs - 5" x 4" - ADA Compliant Exit Route Signs
ADA Compliant Exit Route Sign - 5" x 4" - Tactile Braille Exit Route Signs
This ADA Compliant Exit Route Sign is used to mark an exit path leading to a wheelchair accessible exit. Same or Next Business Day Shipping available for white on blue and white on black versions.
Steve M., California
"Great customer service and fast response."
ADA Exit Route Braille Signs from ADA Sign Depot:
- ADA compliant non-glare matte finish
- ADA compliant font and tactile (1/32 inch raised) letters
- ADA compliant size and letter height
- ADA compliant California domed Grade 2 Braille
- Our high-quality yet economically priced Exit Route Braille sign is guaranteed to pass ADA inspections performed by California Certified Access Specialists--or your money back.
- Mounting ADA Signs: While we include foam tape on the back side of our signs, we recommend ADA signs always be mounted using either fasteners or a construction grade silicone adhesive, such as Lexel. For signs larger than 6" x 6" the foam tape we provide is intended only as an aid for positioning the sign while using fasteners or adhesive for mounting. For correct positioning and mounting heights, view or download our ADA Sign Mounting Guide
Shop all our ADA Exit Signs
We also make custom Braille ADA signs in various sizes, colors and materials, including brushed aluminum or bamboo. While ADA sign specifications do not regulate the overall size of an Exit Route sign, the elements of the sign must meet criteria to be compliant. The Braille must be Grade 2 and Domed, meaning rounded beads for easier reading. The text must be all upper case, in a sans serif font, and tactile, meaning raised from the sign's background by 1/32 of an inch. The finish of the sign must be matte or eggshell to avoid glare, which can make signage difficult to read for people with certain vision conditions. In addition, compliance signs must also meet specifications for layout and position, such as Braille being 3/8 to 1/2 inch below bottom line of text.
A sign can be rejected in an ADA or building code inspection for failing to adhere to any one of these requirements. Why waste time and money buying cheap or non-American Made ADA signs? Sometimes a lot can be riding on a few correct Exit, Exit Route or Restroom signs, such as getting a final occupancy green light on a new store, office or restaurant.
But more than that, professionally designed and correctly manufactured ADA compliance Braille signs are an essential part of safety for our offices, schools, retail malls and public places. Exit Route signs are self-evidently important, as they guide people to safe egress from a building. Wherever you choose to buy the ADA signs you need for your business or property, please make sure the signage you invest in meets the legal specifications for compliance and are truly "ADA compliant" signs.
From the California Division of the State Architect─ 2011 CALIFORNIA ACCESS COMPLIANCE REFERENCE MANUAL 51 SECTION 1011 EXIT SIGNS 1011.3 Tactile exit signs.
3. Each exit door that leads directly to a grade-level exterior exit by means of an exit enclosure that does not utilize a stair or ramp, or by means of an exit passageway, shall be identified by a tactile exit sign with the words, "EXIT ROUTE"
4. Each exit access door from an interior room or area that is required to have a visual exit sign, shall be identified by a tactile exit sign with the words, "EXIT ROUTE"
5. Each exit door through a horizontal exit shall be identified by a tactile exit sign with the words, "TO EXIT"
While this ADA Braille Exit Route Sign is intended for indoor use, it's Rowmark materials are rated as Outdoor Weatherable:
Outdoor weatherability is the ability of plastic engraving material to withstand exterior weathering conditions. Rowmark ADA Alternative Substrate & Applique, Textures, Lacquers, Slickers, Ultra-Mattes Front & Reverse materials designated as "outdoor weatherable" are designed to withstand average conditions and temperatures for up to 5 years without significant degradation. Although no specific life can be designated to any product, Rowmark recognizes that under reasonable/normal weather conditions the material will not break down physically. Materials may become brittle and some discoloration or fading will occur when used in harsher environments or exposed for extended periods of time.
You may also be interested in