ADA Compliant Exit Route Sign - 5" x 4" - Tactile Braille Exit Route Signs
This ADA Compliant Exit Route Sign
is used to mark an exit path leading to a wheelchair accessible exit. Same Day Shipping available for white on blue and white on black versions. Other standard colors available at no extra charge and are made when order is placed before 2pm California time.Quantity Discounts - ADA Exit Route Braille Signs - Contact Us for Pricing on More Than 10 Signs
3 = $32.95/each
5 = $29.95/each
10 = $24.95/eachSteve M.,
“Great customer service and fast response.”
We also make custom Braille ADA signs
in various sizes, colors and materials, including brushed aluminum or bamboo. While ADA sign specifications do not regulate the overall size of an Exit Route sign, the elements of the sign must meet criteria to be compliant. The Braille must be Grade 2 and Domed, meaning rounded beads for easier reading. The text must be all upper case, in a sans serif font, and tactile, meaning raised from the sign's background by 1/32 of an inch. The finish of the sign must be matte or eggshell to avoid glare, which can make signage difficult to read for people with certain vision conditions.
In addition, compliance signs must also meet specifications for layout and position, such as Braille being 3/8 to 1/2 inch below bottom line of text. A sign can be rejected in an ADA or building code inspection for failing to adhere to any one of these requirements. Why waste time and money buying cheap or non-American Made ADA signs? Sometimes a lot can be riding on a few correct Exit, Exit Route or Restroom signs, such as getting a final occupancy green light on a new store, office or restaurant. But more than that, professionally designed and correctly manufactured ADA compliance Braille signs are an essential part of safety for our offices, schools, retail malls and public places. Exit Route signs are self-evidently important, as they guide people to safe egress from a building.
Wherever you choose to buy the ADA signs you need for your business or property, please make sure the signage you invest in meets the legal specifications for compliance and are truly "ADA compliant" signs.To order this ADA Exit Route Braille Sign in custom colors: Click the "View Color Chart" button below. Choose the text color and the background color that you want. Add the names in the window beside "Enter Custom Color Names". Then click the orange "Add To Cart" button. You can adjust the quantity of signs you want inside the shopping cart.
From the Division of the State Architect─ 2011 CALIFORNIA ACCESS COMPLIANCE REFERENCE MANUAL 51 SECTION 1011 EXIT SIGNS 1011.3 Tactile exit signs.
- ADA compliant non-glare matte finish
- ADA compliant font and tactile (1/32 inch raised) letters
- ADA compliant size and letter height
- ADA compliant California domed Grade 2 Braille
- Order ADA Signs in other colors by phone: 858.385.9095. Click here to see our Color Chart.
- Our high-quality yet economically priced Rowmark acrylic resin Exit Route Braille sign is guaranteed to pass ADA inspections performed by California Certified Access Specialists--or your money back.
3. Each exit door that leads directly to a grade-level exterior exit by means of an exit enclosure that does not utilize a stair or ramp, or by means of an exit passageway, shall be identified by a tactile exit sign with the words, “EXIT ROUTE”
4. Each exit access door from an interior room or area that is required to have a visual exit sign, shall be identified by a tactile exit sign with the words, “EXIT ROUTE”
5. Each exit door through a horizontal exit shall be identified by a tactile exit sign with the words, “TO EXIT”
While this ADA Braille Exit Route Sign
is intended for indoor use, it's Rowmark materials are rated as Outdoor Weatherable: Outdoor weatherability is the ability of plastic engraving material to withstand exterior weathering conditions. Rowmark ADA Alternative® Substrate & Appliqué, Textures, Lacquers, Slickers, Ultra-Mattes Front & Reverse materials designated as “outdoor weatherable” are designed to withstand average conditions and temperatures for up to 5 years without significant degradation. Although no specific life can be designated to any product, Rowmark recognizes that under reasonable/normal weather conditions the material will not break down physically. Materials may become brittle and some discoloration or fading will occur when used in harsher environments or exposed for extended periods of time.