New York Wheelchair Symbol of Access Sign with Raised Text and Braille
Dynamic Wheelchair Symbol Accessible ADA Signs - 6" x 8"
New York/Connecticut Dynamic-Style Wheelchair Accessible ADA Signs with Tactile Text and Braille
Use these dynamic, active-style wheelchair accessible signs inside buildings and on properties located in New York State or Connecticut. Compliance signs using the dynamic-style wheelchair symbol are becoming increasingly popular in states and municipalities beyond NY and CT. For marking exits, entrances, accessible paths of travel and barrier-free routes or facilities.
New York Division of Administrative Rules
UNIVERSAL SYMBOL OF ACCESS
(Statutory authority: Executive Law, § 101; ch. 190, L. 2014)
§ 300.1 Purpose.
The intent of this regulation is to comply with Executive Law, section 101(1), which directs the Secretary of State to promulgate rules and regulations related to removing the word “handicapped” wherever it appears on signs or other means of communication, and to changing the current accessibility symbol.
§ 300.5 Accessibility Symbol.
Wherever the universal symbol of access depicting a static figure in a wheelchair appears or would appear on signs and on other means of communication, a symbol depicting a dynamic character leaning forward and with a sense of movement shall appear instead.
"Excellent quality products with easy to understand instructions particularly for where the code is exacting. Fast shipping."
Shop all Symbol of Accessibility ADA Signs
NY/CT Wheelchair Symbol Compliance Signs from ADA Sign Depot
- New York and Connecticut approved dynamic style wheelchair symbol
- ADA compliant non-glare matte finish
- ADA compliant font and tactile (1/32 inch raised) letters
- ADA compliant size and letter height
- ADA compliant 2 Domed Braille
- Mounting ADA Signs: While we include foam tape on the back side of our signs, we recommend ADA signs always be mounted using either fasteners or a construction grade silicone adhesive, such as Lexel. For signs larger than 6" x 6" the foam tape we provide is intended only as an aid for positioning the sign while using fasteners or adhesive for mounting. For correct positioning and mounting heights, view or download our ADA Sign Mounting Guide
You may also be interested in