Restroom Sign with Tactile Letters and Braille in Brushed Aluminum
Restroom Braille ADA Sign - Brushed Aluminum - 8"x3"
Restroom Signs on 1/8" Thick Brushed Aluminum Base- California AB 1732 Compliant for Single-Occupant All Gender Restrooms
This Restroom Braille Sign is the minimum required under California AB 1732 for Single-Occupant All Gender Restrooms. For compliance with California law, this No Gender Specified Restroom Sign is mounted on the wall adjacent to the strike side of the restroom door. And a California Title 24 compliant sign must also be mounted on the restroom door. (For example, our T24-1014 restroom door sign.)
Click to view/download ADA/California Restroom Door sign mounting instructions.
Download California Division of State Architect Bulletin BU 17-01: Identification of Single User Toilet Facilities as All Gender IDENTIFICATION OF ALL GENDER SINGLE-USER TOILET FACILITIES Compliant with the California Building Code (CBC) Chapter 11B
EXHIBIT A - Door Symbol (required by the CBC)
This image represents the door symbol that is required by CBC 11B-216.8 to identify an all-gender/unisex single-user toilet facility. The symbol must comply with the requirements of CBC 11B-703.7.2.6.3. No pictogram, text, or braille is required on the symbol.
Designation signs are not required to be provided by the CBC or the 2010 ADAS. If provided, a designation sign adjacent to the door must comply with the scoping requirements of CBC 11B-216.2, and the technical requirements for raised characters (CBC 11B-703.2), braille (CBC 11B-703.3), visual characters (CBC 11B-703.5), and requirements for installation height and location (CBC 11B-703.4). No pictogram is required. The following signs illustrate acceptable examples for designation sign text:
Single-User Restroom Sign - Tactile Letters and Braille - Brushed Aluminum
- ADA compliant non-glare matte finish
- ADA compliant font and tactile (1/32 inch raised) letters
- ADA compliant size and letter height
- ADA compliant California domed Grade 2 Braille (The use of California standards for braille satisfies both Federal and California regulations, allowing a single dot configuration for all braille signs nationwide.)
- Our high-quality yet economically priced California AB-1732 single-occupant restroom signs are guaranteed to pass inspections performed by California Certified Access Specialists--or your money back.
You may also be interested in
Triangle-Circle Unisex Restroom Door Sign - 12" x 12" - Title 24 Sign