Truncated Domes Surface Applied Tactile Tiles - 3-Feet x 5-Feet - Includes Adhesive and Anchoring Hardware
These Truncated Domes tiles are only shipped via UPS/FedEx Ground or LTL Freight. Expedited air shipping is not available. Product ships from New York warehouse.Quantity Discounts on 3x4 Truncated Domes Tiles from ADA Sign Depot:
Order 3 = $370/each
Order 5 = $350/each
Order 10 = $325/each
Need more than 10 tiles? Contact us for best pricing: sales@ADASignDepot.com
| 858.385.9095Doug -Newport Mesa,
“I have used ADA Sign Depot a few times now. I find that they are a great resource for all things ADA related, especially if you are into DIY installations.”Item# ATP-1013 Surface Applied Truncated Domes Tiles
Because of recent updates to the Americans with Disabilities Act concerning tactile ground surface indicators
, even casual observers have notes that more and more of “those yellow bumpy pads” are being installed both by public agencies and municipalities, and by private property owners. Truncated domes
are pads with a specific textured surface to indicate for the blind or visually disabled, changes in ground surface level. You’ve probably noted the pads installed on wheelchair accessible ramps, on train or subway platforms, or in curb cutouts on sidewalks and along paths of travel. While truncated domes are used to assist pedestrians who are blind or have visual impairment they also provide sighted people with a visual and tactile warnings. The bumps on these pads were designed to be detectable both by cane, and by foot. The high contrast colors, most commonly yellow, stand out for many people with partial sight, as well as people with full vision. ADA compliant truncated domes pads
come in many styles and are made of assorted materials. New builds and new constructions can utilize the cast-in-place
style of truncated dome pads that are installed when concrete is being poured. But owners of older properties have the option of using our ADA compliant surface applied dome pads on concrete that is already in place. Dry set, retrofit, or surface mounted are names for this product with that eliminates the work and expense of demolishing concrete, removing it, and having to pour new cement just to install tactile paving. Whether surface mounted or cast in place, all ADA pads sold by ADA Sign Depot are from manufacturers who have filed with the ADA warranties that their products exceed the legally required minimum service life of five years.
ADA Compliant and California Compliant Surface Mount Truncated Domes from ADA Sign Depot
California Title 24
- 2.35" center-to-center, in-line dome spacing meets ADA Federal and State requirements
- Truncated dome size and spacing compliant with ADA Federal and State requirements, 0.9" base and 0.45" top diameter
- Perimeter of tile is designed to meet ADA requirements for surface height transition.
- Fully complies with all ADA and OHSA requirements for surface height transitions to eliminate trip hazards
- Consistent dome spacing when tiles are adjoined (side-by-side or end-to-end)
- Wide in-line dome configuration facilitates a smooth rolling transition for strollers, wheelchairs and walkers
- High density, diamond grip™ pyramid micro texture designed for exceptional slip resistance in wet and dry conditions.
- Textured surface on bottom to allow optimum adhesive bond.
- Adhesive location identified on underside of tile for easy, error-free installation.
- Pre-formed fastener locations enable error-free installation. Color-matched anchoring hardware is supplied with tile.
- NOTE: California requires a minimum 3-foot depth for truncated domes. Please consult your local/state regulations and select your sizes accordingly. When selecting colors of truncated domes be aware of the contrast regulation: Detectable Warning Surfaces shall contrast visually with adjacent walking surfaces either light-on-dark, or dark-on-light.
requires that “If a walk crosses or adjoins a vehicular way, and the walking surfaces are not separated by curbs, railings or other elements between the pedestrian areas and vehicular areas, the boundary between the areas shall be defined by a continuous detectable warning which is 36 inches (914 mm) wide….” It must be safety yellow.(This Truncated Domes product ships only by UPS Ground. Expedited shipping is not available.)
Click to view or download ADA Surface Applied Truncated Domes Available Colors
Click to view or download ADA Surface Applied Truncated Domes Features
Click to view or download ADA Surface Applied Truncated Domes Installation Instructions
Visit the Truncated Domes
page of this website for full product details, manufacturer's specifications, ADA regulations related to Truncated Domes, product data sheets.