California Title 24 Unisex Bathroom Door Sign
This ADA and California compliant Unisex Restroom Door Sign
can ship the same or next business day when ordered with a white triangle on blue circle. Other color schemes ship in just 3-5 business days.
Quantity Discounts on California Title 24 Compliant and A.B. 1732 Compliant Unisex Accessible Restroom Door Signs
3 = $92.95/each
5 = $91.95/each
10 = $89.95/each
In addition to a California Title 24 compliant sign on each restroom door, California also requires a tactile text and Braille sign to be mounted on the wall adjacent to the strike side of the restroom door. These are some ADA/CA compliant wall signs that can be used in tandem with this restroom door sign:
ADA-1255 All Gender Restroom Sign
ADA-1256 Unisex Restroom Sign
ADA-1080 Restroom Sign
Download California Division of State Architect Bulletin BU 17-01: Identification of Single User Toilet Facilities as All Gender
IDENTIFICATION OF ALL GENDER SINGLE-USER TOILET FACILITIES
Compliant with the California Building Code (CBC) Chapter 11B
EXHIBIT A - Door Symbol (required by the CBC)
This image represents the door symbol that is required by CBC 11B-216.8 to identify an all-gender/unisex single-user toilet facility. The symbol must comply with the requirements of CBC 11B-703.7.2.6.3. No pictogram, text, or braille is required on the symbol.
EXHIBIT B - Designation sign on wall
Designation signs are not required to be provided by the CBC or the 2010 ADAS. If provided, a designation sign adjacent to the door must comply with the scoping requirements of CBC 11B-216.2, and the technical requirements for raised characters (CBC 11B-703.2), braille (CBC 11B-703.3), visual characters (CBC 11B-703.5), and requirements for installation height and location (CBC 11B-703.4). No pictogram is required. The following signs illustrate acceptable examples for designation sign text:
Why is there no gender symbol/pictogram on this restroom door sign?
California Division of the State Architect Bulletin 17-01:
When changing identification symbols of existing single-user toilet facilities from gender-specific to all-gender, DSA advises against providing a pictogram to represent an all-gender image on a designation sign or unisex symbol.
The pictogram might be perceived as inappropriate, and in fact, DSA reminds facility owners that a pictogram is not required.To order this Title 24 Restroom Sign in custom colors: Click the "View Color Chart" button below. Choose the text color and the background color that you want. Add the names in the window beside "Enter Custom Color Names". Then click the orange "Add To Cart" button. You can adjust the quantity of signs you want inside the shopping cart.
This Title 24 Compliant Unisex Geometric Restroom or Bathroom Door Sign
is used to mark the door of unisex restrooms, bathrooms, showers and other unisex sanitary facilities in California. Note:
While this blank unisex circle-triangle geometric sign meets CA Title 24 specifications, the general public is more familiar with restroom door signs that also use the male and female pictogram symbols. To avoid possible confusion, we advise consulting with your California ADA compliance office before purchasing Title 24 compliant geometric door signs that do not have pictograms.
- Title 24 compliant and A. B. 1732 compliant non-glare matte finish
- Title 24 compliant and A. B. 1732 compliant 12x12 contrasting triangle on circle geometric shapes and 1/4" thickness
- Our ADA signs come with foam mounting tape. However, due to sign weight, movement of the door, and/or paints and surfaces that interfere with some adhesives, ADA bathroom/restroom door signs should be mounted using mechanical fasteners (hardware), or a silicone adhesive such as Lexel Caulk.
- This ADA sign can be ordered with pre-drilled 3/16" mounting holes. Choose regular mounting holes, or counter-sunk mounting holes. Signs with drilled holes ship in 5-7 business days. Mounting hardware is not included with signs. Mounting hardware suitable for whatever surface material you will be mounting your signs on can be purchased at Home Depot, Lowes, or other hardware suppliers. Signs with drilled holes or customer-selected color schemes are not returnable for refund.
- Click to view or download our ADA Sign Mounting Guide
- Our high-quality yet economically priced Rowmark acrylic resin plastic Title 24 Signs are guaranteed to pass inspections performed by California Certified Access Specialists--or your money back.
Click to view all of our ADA Compliant and Title 24 Compliant Bathroom, Restroom, Shower and Sanitary Facility signs