ADA Compliant Tactile Braille Exit Signs from ADA Sign Depot
The white on blue and white on black versions of this ADA compliant Exit sign are in stock for same day shipping. Other standard colors can be ordered at no additional charge and usually ship in 3-5 business days.Scott,
“Great company - fast shipping.”Quantity Discounts - ADA Braille Exit Signs - Contact Us for Pricing on More Than 10 Signs
3 = $27.95/each
5 = $24.95/each
10 = $19.95/each
This Braille EXIT sign
is federally ADA compliant and California ADA compliant. The right sign for all states. While some architects and planners may specify a larger size for exit signs, this 5x3 size meets all requirements. This is because the Americans with Disabilities Act sign specifications, with some exceptions, such as the International Symbol of Accessibility, regulates the elements of the sign
, not the size of the sign. The Braille, tactile text and pictograms, layout and spacing of these elements must adhere to strict ADA specifications so that the signs can be easily interacted with by persons who may be sighted, sight-impaired, or persons having other disabilities.
Our guiding principle in designing our stock ADA compliant signage is to make the signs as large as they need to be to comply with all regulations, but no larger. Of course, we can and do make Exit signs and all other signs to meet any size requirements of our customers. Experience has taught that most businesses and property managers seek to be fully compliant, but they do not want large, intrusive signage detracting from the design and appearance of their stores, offices and properties. Nothing looks more inappropriate, and even appears to be an error in design and manufacturing, than to have a great deal of empty, unnecessary, unused space on what should be a functional Exit sign. After all, in good design, form follows function.To order this ADA Exit Braille Sign in custom colors: Click the "View Color Chart" button below. Choose the text color and the background color that you want. Add the names in the window beside "Enter Custom Color Names". Then click the orange "Add To Cart" button. You can adjust the quantity of signs you want inside the shopping cart.
Order this ADA Tactile Braille Exit Sign in stock colors by 2pm/California and it ships same day!
- ADA compliant non-glare matte finish
- ADA compliant font and tactile (1/32 inch raised) letters
- ADA compliant 5x3 size, layout, and 1-inch letter height
- ADA compliant California domed Grade 2 Braille
- Our high-quality yet economically priced acrylic resin ADA Signs are guaranteed to pass inspections performed by California Certified Access Specialists or your money back.
Relevant keywords: Tactile Exit Sign, Braille Exit Sign, ADA Exit SignsDSA ─ 2011 CALIFORNIA ACCESS COMPLIANCE REFERENCE MANUAL 51 SECTION 1011 EXIT SIGNS1011.3 Tactile exit signs.
For the purposes of Section 1011.3, the term “tactile exit signs” shall mean those required signs that comply with Section 1117B.5.1, Item 1. Tactile exit signs shall be required at the following locations:
1. Each grade-level exterior exit door shall be identified by a tactile exit sign with the word, “EXIT”
2. Each exit door that leads directly to a grade-level exterior exit by means of a stairway or ramp shall be identified by a tactile exit sign with the following words as appropriate:
A. “EXIT STAIR DOWN”
B. “EXIT RAMP DOWN”
C. “EXIT STAIR UP”
D. “EXIT RAMP UP”
3. Each exit door that leads directly to a grade-level exterior exit by means of an exit enclosure that does not utilize a stair or ramp, or by means of an exit passageway, shall be identified by a tactile exit sign with the words, “EXIT ROUTE”
4. Each exit access door from an interior room or area that is required to have a visual exit sign, shall be identified by a tactile exit sign with the words, “EXIT ROUTE”
5. Each exit door through a horizontal exit shall be identified by a tactile exit sign with the words, “TO EXIT”While this ADA Braille Exit Sign is intended for indoor use, it's Rowmark materials are rated as Outdoor Weatherable
: Outdoor weatherability is the ability of plastic engraving material to withstand exterior weathering conditions. Rowmark ADA Alternative® Substrate & Appliqué, Textures, Lacquers, Slickers, Ultra-Mattes Front & Reverse materials designated as “outdoor weatherable” are designed to withstand average conditions and temperatures for up to 5 years without significant degradation. Although no specific life can be designated to any product, Rowmark recognizes that under reasonable/normal weather conditions the material will not break down physically. Materials may become brittle and some discoloration or fading will occur when used in harsher environments or exposed for extended periods of time.