Truncated Domes Surface Applied Rigid Durable Tile - 3' x 4' Size - Includes Adhesive and Anchoring Hardware
These Truncated Domes tiles are only shipped via UPS/FedEx Ground or LTL Freight. Expedited air shipping is not available. Product ships from New York warehouse.Quantity Discounts on 3x4 Truncated Domes Tiles from ADA Sign Depot:
Order 3 = $279/each
Order 5 = $269/each
Order 10 = $259/each
Need more than 10 tiles? Contact us for best pricing: sales@ADASignDepot.com
| 858.385.9095Item# ATP-1012 Surface Applied Truncated Domes Tiles
Tactile paving (also called truncated domes, detectable warnings, Tactile Ground Surface Indicators, detectable warning surfaces
) are textured ground surface indicators used on ramps or stairs, beside train station platforms, and at sidewalk curb cutouts and along pedestrian paths of travel. These surface applied truncated domes assist pedestrians who are blind or have visual impairments, being detectible by cane and under foot. But these colorful ADA pads also warn the sighted, making them pay attention to changes in the surface or inherently dangerous areas, such as train platforms or sidewalks that are on a level with the street or vehicle driveways. Truncated domes
are "an Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirement in the current Americans with Disabilities Act Accessibility Guidelines (ADAAG) for the use of detecting the boundary between the sidewalk and the street."
The surface applied dome pads, also called retrofit or dry set pads, allow you to bring your property into ADA compliance without the expense and hassle of removing dry concrete to pour fresh concrete and then install cast-in-place or wet-set tiles.
In order to compliant with ADA laws the manufacturer’s of truncated domes must file a certificate with the ADA warranting their products will have a service life of a minimum
of five years. All the paving tile products sold by ADA Sign Depot are manufactured by companies that have filed with the ADA warranty of meeting the minimum five-year service life.
ADA Compliant and California Compliant Surface Applied Truncated Domes from ADA Sign Depot
California Title 24
- 2.35" center-to-center, in-line dome spacing meets ADA Federal and State requirements
- Truncated dome size and spacing compliant with ADA Federal and State requirements, 0.9" base and 0.45" top diameter
- Perimeter of tile is designed to meet ADA requirements for surface height transition.
- Fully complies with all ADA and OHSA requirements for surface height transitions to eliminate trip hazards
- Consistent dome spacing when tiles are adjoined (side-by-side or end-to-end)
- Wide in-line dome configuration facilitates a smooth rolling transition for strollers, wheelchairs and walkers
- High density, diamond grip™ pyramid micro texture designed for exceptional slip resistance in wet and dry conditions.
- Textured surface on bottom to allow optimum adhesive bond.
- Adhesive location identified on underside of tile for easy, error-free installation.
- Pre-formed fastener locations enable error-free installation. Color-matched anchoring hardware is supplied with tile.
- NOTE: California requires a minimum 3-foot depth for truncated domes. Please consult your local/state regulations and select your sizes accordingly. When selecting colors of truncated domes be aware of the contrast regulation: Detectable Warning Surfaces shall contrast visually with adjacent walking surfaces either light-on-dark, or dark-on-light.
requires that “If a walk crosses or adjoins a vehicular way, and the walking surfaces are not separated by curbs, railings or other elements between the pedestrian areas and vehicular areas, the boundary between the areas shall be defined by a continuous detectable warning which is 36 inches (914 mm) wide….” It must be safety yellow.(This Truncated Domes product ships only by UPS Ground. Expedited shipping is not available.)
Click to view or download ADA Surface Applied Truncated Domes Available Colors
Click to view or download ADA Truncated Domes Cast-In-Place Product
Click to view or download ADA Truncated Domes Cast-In-Place Replaceable Feature
Click to view or download ADA Surface Applied Truncated Domes Installation Instructions
Visit the Truncated Domes
page of this website for full product details, manufacturer's specifications, ADA regulations related to Truncated Domes, product data sheets.