Truncated Domes Surface Applied Tiles - 2' x 5' Size - Includes Adhesive and Anchoring Hardware
These Truncated Domes tiles are only shipped via UPS/FedEx Ground or LTL Freight. Expedited air shipping is not available. Product ships from New York warehouse.Quantity Discounts on 2x5 Truncated Domes Tiles from ADA Sign Depot:
Order 3 = $229/each
Order 5 = $219/each
Order 10 = $199/each
Need more than 10 tiles? Contact us for best pricing: sales@ADASignDepot.com
| 858.385.9095Item# ATP-1011 Surface Applied Truncated Domes Tiles
As curb ramps have become common in response to the requirements of the Rehabilitation Act (1973) and the Americans with Disabilities Act (1990), an unintended consequence has been that blind pedestrians have found it more difficult to locate the boundary between the street and sidewalk. The only surface which has repeatedly been demonstrated to be detectable to most blind pedestrians, either under foot or by the use of a long cane, is the truncated dome detectable warning surface, which has been required on transit platform edges since 1991 and at curb ramps since July 2001. Detectable Warnings incorporating truncated domes are the only option to make hazardous vehicular ways, curb ramps
and transit platform edges truly detectable and ADA compliant.
ADA Compliant and California Title 24 Compliant Rigid Construction Truncated Domes Paving Tiles- from ADA Sign Depot
Intelligent Design Features
- 2.35" center-to-center, in-line dome spacing meets ADA Federal and State requirements
- Truncated dome size and spacing compliant with ADA Federal and State requirements, 0.9" base and 0.45" top diameter
- Perimeter of tile is designed to meet ADA requirements for surface height transition.
- Fully complies with all ADA and OHSA requirements for surface height transitions to eliminate trip hazards
- Consistent dome spacing when tiles are adjoined (side-by-side or end-to-end)
- Wide in-line dome configuration facilitates a smooth rolling transition for strollers, wheelchairs and walkers
- High density, diamond grip pyramid micro texture designed for exceptional slip resistance in wet and dry conditions.
- Textured surface on bottom to allow optimum adhesive bond.
- Adhesive location identified on underside of tile for easy, error-free installation.
- Pre-formed fastener locations enable error-free installation. Color-matched anchoring hardware is supplied with tile.
- NOTE: California requires a minimum 3-foot depth for truncated domes. Please consult your local/state regulations and select your sizes accordingly. When selecting colors of truncated domes be aware of the contrast regulation: Detectable Warning Surfaces shall contrast visually with adjacent walking surfaces either light-on-dark, or dark-on-light.
Click to view or download ADA Surface Applied Truncated Domes Available Colors
Click to view or download ADA Surface Applied Truncated Domes Features
Click to view or download ADA Surface Applied Truncated Domes Installation Instructions
Visit the Truncated Domes
page of this website for full product details, manufacturer's specifications, ADA regulations related to Truncated Domes, product data sheets.