Van Accessible Handicapped Parking Sign - R7-8 MUTCD Federal Compliant Engineer Grade Prismatic Reflective Sheeting on Heavy-Gauge Aluminum
Quantity Discounts - R7-8 Van Accessible Handicap Parking Signs - Contact Us for Pricing On More Than 10 Signs
3 = $29.95/each
5 = $26.95/each
10 = $24.95/eachLarry L.,
WI“Plenty of selection; hard to find items.” State Specific Handicap Parking Signs from ADA Sign DepotOrder your handicapped parking signs with 3M's 1160a protective overlay film.
This clear laminate protects the sign face from extreme weather—and is also a barrier to graffiti.
If the sign is tagged, simply wash away the paint or markings with a mild detergent such as Simple Green. If vandals deface the sign with labels—the labels will not stick. They can be peeled right off, with no damage to the sign face. Saving you the time, money, and hassle of purchasing and mounting replacement signs. Handicapped parking signs protected with 3M 1160a will last at least ten years without any fading.
Making your parking lot accessible to everyone is the law. And it's also smart business. Having designated parking spaces for handicapped customers and visitors to your business is part of efficiently utilizing your parking area. Using legal, code-compliant van accessible handicapped parking signs
from ADA Sign Depot is one way to professionally manage and maintain your parking lot. Because a well-managed and professional looking parking area has a direct impact on the success of your business.
Van-Accessible Parking Spaces
- This variation of the standard R7-8 Federal Sign allows Van Accessible information to be posted on one sign instead of having to use two separate signs
- Engineer Grade Prismatic Reflective sign
- Heavy-gauge thick aluminum
- Durable, Rust-Free, and Rated for at least 7 Years of Outdoor No Fade Service
- Parking sign is pre-drilled with standard .375-inch diameter holes at top and bottom center for easy mounting to posts or walls
Van-accessible parking spaces are the same as accessible parking spaces for cars except for three features needed for vans:
- a wider access aisle (96") to accommodate a wheelchair lift;
- vertical clearance to accommodate van height at the van parking space, the adjacent access aisle, and on the vehicular route to and from the van-accessible space, and
- an additional sign that identifies the parking spaces as "van accessible."
One of eight accessible parking spaces, but always at least one, must be van-accessible.For Non-Van Accessible Parking Spaces
Item# PAR-1001 Van Accessible Federal R7-8-MOD Handicapped Parking Signs
Features of Accessible Parking Spaces for Cars
Three Additional Features for Van-Accessible Parking Spaces
- Sign with the international symbol of accessibility mounted high enough so it can be seen while a vehicle is parked in the space.
- If the accessible route is located in front of the space, install wheelstops to keep vehicles from reducing width below 36 inches.
- Access aisle of at least 60-inch width must be level (1:50 maximum slope in all directions), be the same length as the adjacent parking space(s) it serves and must connect to an accessible route to the building. Ramps must not extend into the access aisle.
- Boundary of the access aisle must be marked. The end may be a squared or curved shape.
- Two parking spaces may share an access aisle.
- Sign with "van accessible" and the international symbol of accessibility mounted high enough so the sign can be seen when a vehicle is parked in the space
- 96" min. width access aisle, level (max. slope 1:50 in all directions), located beside the van parking space
- Min. 98-inch-high clearance at van parking space, access aisle, and on vehicular route to and from van space