Elevator Doorjamb Floor Number Braille Sign with Brushed Aluminum Number on Black Acrylic Plastic Base
NOTE: This sign needs to be ordered in pairs. Two identical signs per floor.
A door jamb floor number sign is required to be mounted both on the left side--and the right side--of the elevator, allowing a person exiting or entering the elevator from the left or right side to see and/or interact with this ADA Braille sign.
Typically ships in 3-5 days. Please Note: A white on black background color scheme is typically required for this sign.
This brushed aluminum sign with black tactile floor number/letter is a modern ADA sign style, however we strongly advise you to confirm with your ADA inspector that this sign will be acceptable to them before making a purchase.
ADA Elevator Door Jamb with Tactile Floor Number and Braille on Brushed Aluminum Base:
1116B.1.14 Doorjamb marking
- ADA compliant non-glare matte finish
- ADA compliant font and tactile (1/32 inch raised) black Star/Numbers
- ADA compliant 4x4 size and 2-inch letter height
- ADA compliant domed Grade 2 Braille
- Our ADA signs come with foam mounting tape. However, ADA signs, and especially ADA signs larger than 8x8, including ADA stairwell signage and restroom door signs, should be mounted using mechanical fasteners (hardware), or a silicone adhesive such as Lexel Caulk.
- This ADA sign can be ordered with pre-drilled 3/16" mounting holes. Choose regular mounting holes, or counter-sunk mounting holes. Signs with drilled holes ship in 5-7 business days. Mounting hardware is not included with signs. Mounting hardware suitable for whatever surface material you will be mounting your signs on can be purchased at Home Depot, Lowes, or other hardware suppliers. ADA Signs with made to order drilled holes are not returnable for refund.
- Click to view or download our ADA Sign Mounting Guide
Passenger elevator landing jambs on all elevator floors shall have the number of the floor on which the jamb is located designated by raised characters that are a minimum of 2 inches (51 mm) in height and conform to Section 1117B.5.5 located 60 inches (1524 mm) on center above the floor on the jamb panels on both sides of the door so that they are visible from within the elevatorOn the main entry level, a raised five-pointed star shall be placed to the left of the raised character.
The outside diameter of the star shall be 2 inches (51 mm) ) and all points shall be of equal lengthRaised characters, including the star, shall be white on a black background.
Contracted (Grade 2) Braille complying with Section 1117B.5.6 shall be placed below the corresponding raised characters and the starThe Braille translation for the star shall be MAIN.
The raised characters shall otherwise comply with Sections 1117B.5.2 and 1117B.5.3. See Figure 11B-40C. Permanently applied plates are acceptable if they are permanently fixed to the jambs
Click to view our selection of ADA Compliant Custom Braille, Parking and Wayfinding Signs