Braille Elevator Signs from ADA Sign Depot
Pricing and customer service are right on! thank you!CLV Construction,
Easy and Fast.NOTE: This sign should be ordered in pairs. Two identical signs per floor.
Reason: It is required that the door jamb floor number sign be mounted both on the left side--and the right side--of the elevator. This is so that persons exiting or entering the elevator from the left or right side would be able to know what floor level they are on.
Typically ships in 3-5 days. Please Note: A white on black background color scheme is typically required for this sign.
We are happy manufacture this sign in other colors when ordered, however, we strongly advise you receive confirmation of approval from your ADA inspector before ordering. Orders of this elevator door jamb floor level sign in colors other than white-on-black are not returnable.
You can also place your order for custom ADA Braille Elevator Signs
by phone. Call us: 858.385.9095. We will determine the optimum way to make the signs you need, including any quantity discounts that may apply. We will answer any question you may have, write up the order for you, email the receipt to you, and put your order into production, notifying you when the order is shipped.
ADA Elevator Tactile Braille Floor Number Sign
1116B.1.14 Doorjamb marking
- ADA compliant non-glare matte finish
- ADA compliant font and tactile (1/32 inch raised) Star and Numbers
- ADA compliant size and 2-inch letter height
- Our ADA signs come with foam mounting tape. However, ADA signs, and especially ADA signs larger than 8x8, including ADA stairwell signage and restroom door signs, should be mounted using mechanical fasteners (hardware), or a silicone adhesive such as Lexel Caulk.
- This ADA sign can be ordered with pre-drilled 3/16" mounting holes. Choose regular mounting holes, or counter-sunk mounting holes. Signs with drilled holes ship in 5-7 business days. Mounting hardware is not included with signs. Mounting hardware suitable for whatever surface material you will be mounting your signs on can be purchased at Home Depot, Lowes, or other hardware suppliers. ADA Signs with made to order drilled holes are not returnable for refund.
- Click to view or download our ADA Sign Mounting Guide
- ADA compliant California domed Grade 2 Braille (The use of California standards for braille satisfies both Federal and California regulations, allowing a single dot configuration for all braille signs nationwide.)
Passenger elevator landing jambs on all elevator floors shall have the number of the floor on which the jamb is located designated by raised characters that are a minimum of 2 inches (51 mm) in height
and conform to Section 1117B.5.5 located 60 inches (1524 mm) on center above the floor on the jamb panels on both sides of the door so that they are visible from within the elevatorOn the main entry level, a raised five-pointed star shall be placed to the left of the raised character.
The outside diameter of the star shall be 2 inches (51 mm) ) and all points shall be of equal lengthRaised characters, including the star, shall be white on a black background.
Contracted (Grade 2) Braille complying with Section 1117B.5.6 shall be placed below the corresponding raised characters and the starThe Braille translation for the star shall be MAIN.
The raised characters shall otherwise comply with Sections 1117B.5.2 and 1117B.5.3. See Figure 11B-40C. Permanently applied plates are acceptable if they are permanently fixed to the jambs
Relevant keywords: Door Jamb Tactile Braille Sign, Braille Floor Number Sign, Doorjamb Elevator Floor Number Sign
Click to view our selection of ADA Compliant Custom Braille, Parking and Wayfinding Signs