Area Of Refuge ADA Signs with ADA Compliant Wheelchair Symbol, Braille and Tactile Text - 6x9
American Made ADA Signs, Parking Signs, and Truncated Domes from ADA Sign Depot
Area Of Refuge ADA Signage with Tactile Text and Braille
Use this compliant signage to mark wheelchair accessible areas of refuge and rescue as required by fire, evacuation, ADA and building codes.Quantity Discounts on Area of Refuge ADA Signs
3 = $62.95/each
5 = $59.95/each
10 = $54.95/eachTo order this Area of Refuge Sign in custom colors: Click the "View Color Chart" button below. Choose the text color and the background color that you want. Add the names in the window beside "Enter Custom Color Names". Then click the orange "Add To Cart" button. You can adjust the quantity of signs you want inside the shopping cart.
- ADA compliant non-glare matte finish
- ADA compliant font and tactile (1/32 inch raised) letters
- ADA compliant size and letter height
- ADA compliant California domed Grade 2 Braille
- Our high-quality yet economically priced plastic ADA and Title 24 Signs are guaranteed to pass inspections performed by California Certified Access Specialists--or your money back.
Why Area Of Refuge Signs?
- The “Areas of Refuge” or “Areas of Rescue Assistance” concept was established to provide a location for building occupants, who cannot traverse the stairs without assistance, to be able to assemble by an exit and await assistance or instructions by the first responders.
- These areas are required on each floor above and below the “ground” floor and must be clearly marked and provide a two way communication system to a central control point within the building.
- If the central control point is not staffed 24 hours a day, the communication from each Area of Refuge must be on a timed redirection to a location that is staffed 24 hours a day.
- The Area of Refuge communication system shall provide for hands-free, two-way communication, provide an audible and visible signal to indicate communication has occurred and indicate to the receiver the location sending the signal.
Free ADA Signs Consultations | sales@ADASignDepot.com
| 858.385.9095 Top of Page